Friday, August 20, 2010

PARK CLEANUP, SATURDAY, Sept. 4, 2010, 9 am - noon

Hard to believe the summer is almost over! Yes I know that the date I set for the next cleanup is on Labor Day weekend but unfortunately I will be away the following two weekends. I realize many of you will be away on the holiday weekend but hope some will be able to participate. I may try to get down there again on September 25 and will send an email and post it on this blog if I do.

Due to another scheduling conflict, I won't be able to hold the cleanup on the second Saturday of the month in November either. Here are the Saturdays that I will be working in the park.

September 4, 2010
October 9, 2010
November 6, 2010
December 11, 2010

I also know that many of you visit the park at other times to weed, pick up litter, etc. It really does show!

Finally, I should mention that some oak and sycamore trees were planted in the park during the summer. There was some misunderstanding about the number and location but I think it has been worked out. Over time they will greatly enhance the park and reduce weed problems. Hope to see some of you in the park this year.

PARK CLEANUP, SATURDAY, SEPT. 4, 2010, 9 AM - NOON
Meet at the park info sign on Pasadena Ave and then head down into the park. The group will pull weeds, pick up litter, and enjoy the park. Come for the whole time, for an hour, or just stop by to say hello.

SPNP_GoogleEarth
Nature Park entrance on Pasadena Ave., east of the York St. Bridge


Remember to:
- wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- bring water
- bring gardening gloves and tools (weeders, trowels, whatever you use in your own garden)
- comfortable work clothes, including work shoes (sneakers or boots)
- binoculars for bird watching (optional)

Children must be under adult supervision at all times. There is poison oak in the park, which we will point out before we start.

Please pass this info along to anyone else you think might be interested in the park. If you know of anyone who doesn't use the internet, let me know so we can be sure they are kept in the loop.
See you soon!

No comments: