Park work days are usually scheduled for the third Saturday of the month. Dates, however, are tentative, please confirm on Facebook or email Friends of So Pas Nature Park.
We are planning to hold our regular park cleanups on the following Saturdays (9am - noon):
- May 19
- Jun 16
- NO OFFICIAL WORKDAYS UNTIL SEPTEMBER
We will weed, apply mulch, water, and care for the park.
Nature Park volunteers should:
- Wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Bring plenty of water
- Bring gardening gloves and tools (weeders, trowels, whatever you use in your own garden), there are extra tools and gloves for those who need them.
- Wear comfortable work clothes, including work shoes (sneakers or boots) and long pants
- Bring binoculars for birdwatching (optional)
Children must be under adult supervision at all times. There is poison oak in the park that we will point out before starting.
In other news, I will be giving a talk at the California Native Plant Society - San Gabriel Mts. Chapter program meeting on our work in the nature park on May 24. I will discuss our successes, challenges, and what we have learned in over a decade of efforts. CNPS-SGM events are free to the public and I hope you will come by.
For more info on the park:
* South Pasadena - Arroyo Seco Woodland & Wildlife Park
* Nature Park (Weeding Wild Suburbia)